BIDDING MANAGER - LONDON OR MANCHESTER OFFICE
This position is available to start immediately. To apply, please provide a conversational letter that tells us how your skills match our criteria, in addition to your CV.
Our business is the creative, innovative, and elegant design of building services within the construction industry. We work on a rich variety of projects across all building sectors. Our portfolio includes award winning internationally renowned landmark buildings, exemplars of sustainable design and a diverse mix of carefully crafted buildings. We are proud of our legacy and of relationships formed with leading architects and inspiring clients across most building sectors in the UK and other parts of the world.
Our success is a result of our people. We value all our employees and partners, and provide a creative and inspiring working environment to support them. We are a medium sized consultancy of approximately 240 employees and partners operating out of five offices within the UK. This role is based within our London or Manchester offices, but involves working with people in all our offices.
About the role
The Bidding Manager’s role centres on maintaining an overview of the Practice’s current bidding activity and proactively supporting the Partners to secure new projects. It plays an important part in the success of our business; supporting our Senior Partners in the gathering of intelligence and provision of data to develop our understanding of our existing and prospective clients’ needs.
The Bidding Manager will report directly to the Bidding Director and will also be working closely with the Communications Team. Administrative support will be provided to assist the Bidding Manager.
There are three main aspects to the role which need to be covered, providing the link between the bidding activity and the wider Communications and Marketing operation:
1. Bid Co-ordination
- Co-ordinating and managing on-going bids
- Co-ordinating the internal Bidding Group
- Acting as an external point of contact for new enquiries and business development contacts
2. Bidding and Marketing Support
- Ensuring practice wide bid standardisation
- Overseeing the Practice’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) activity – assisting with developing systems and encouraging their use
- Improving bidding systems
- Assisting with improving the quality of bid material and brand identity
- Providing analysis of our Bidding process; expenditure, success rate, etc.
3. Market Analysis and Business Development
- Understanding the market.
- Assisting with business development - support and analysis of potential opportunities, new markets, new services, attending events, etc
- Analysing CRM information and helping to develop campaigns
- You will be recognised as an outstanding communicator, someone who enjoys and is comfortable with holding conversations and producing engaging written material. You will demonstrate first class customer service skills, being highly responsive and well organised. An attention to detail is essential as is a commitment to producing consistent high-quality output.
- The dynamic nature of this role requires a calm approach and the ability to be flexible in response to continually changing demands.
- An ability to keep track of the numbers, analyse sales data and succinctly summarise it for others is important.
- An authentic, professional and engaging approach is required whether carrying out any aspect of the role internally, or participating in any business development activity. The role is likely to suit someone with a degree level qualification, but this is not essential.
This role requires an articulate, diligent and self-driven person, having gained good, relevant skills and experience, preferably gained in a similar role within an architectural practice or other building design consultancy. We would also welcome applications from candidates with other construction industry related experience.
If you share our enthusiasm and passion for the built environment and are keen to make a difference to the work that we do, then we would love to hear from you.
What we offer
- Excellent growth opportunities for your personal and career development in a knowledge driven environment
- Mentored support towards professional accreditation
- Interesting and technically challenging projects
- An inclusive culture and cooperative environment
- Opportunities for involvement in business-running activities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay and employee bonus
- Future opportunities for Partnership
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
- Max Fordham Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include generous paid parental leave, sick pay, and treatment pay
£40,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
9th January 2022
How To Apply
This position is available for an immediate start.
If you are interested in working with us, we are keen to hear from you. In addition to providing your CV, please apply with a conversational letter that tells us how your skills match our criteria and your interests align with our vision of a beautifully engineered net zero carbon world.
Please use this link to apply.
If you have any additional queries, please contact Anya Hadden at email@example.com. You will also need to demonstrate how you are eligible to work in the UK.