COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT - LONDON OFFICE
This is a full-time, permanent position and is available for immediate start. £22k - £27k depending on experience.
What We Do
We combine creativity and engineering to design innovative, elegant and sustainable buildings in the UK and overseas. We are building services engineers whose portfolio includes exemplars of sustainable design, award-winning buildings and internationally renowned landmarks. We have had one of our projects included on the shortlist for the coveted RIBA Stirling Prize in each of the last four years, and this year alone 11 of our projects won a RIBA National Award.
For over 50 years we’ve been leading the industry in sustainable, low energy and low carbon building design and, given the climate emergency we are facing, this expertise has never been more relevant.
This is an exciting time to join us.
We are recognised as a good employer, with regular entries in the Building Magazine Good Employer Guide (we were one of the top five Best Engineering Employers in 2017); we were named the Association of Consultancy and Engineering's Diversity and Inclusion Champion in 2017; and we have won the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers medium-sized Employer of the Year Award three times in the last five years. We are also a Living Wage Employer.
Our success as an employer results from the way we run our business, The Practice is owned by the people who work for us and our unique approach to ownership and governance puts trust and transparency at the heart of how we operate, which creates a friendly and enabling work environment.
We are a consultancy of approximately 230 employees and partners operating out of five offices within the UK.
About the Communications Team
The Communications Team acts as a hub of communications knowledge and expertise in the practice. You will join a small but growing team, based in our London office and working with all five of our offices. The Communication Team’s aim is to match its communications efforts to the practice’s outstanding professional reputation and impressive portfolio of projects.
The team is involved in all areas of communications including branding, marketing, public relations and sales support. We also work with the Human Resources team to deliver and manage effective internal communication.
About the Role
This important role requires enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn and develop your understanding of marketing, communications and the built environment.
The role involves supporting the communications and fee bidding managers and activities, and producing written and visual content of a consistently high standard. A key part of your role will be helping to manage our internal communications.
The role involves working with people across the whole practice and working effectively with people in all teams and offices.
- Managing the internal communications calendar
- Drafting The Max (our internal, monthly newsletter)
- Helping to organise and host events, both internal and external
- Monitoring and collating publicity related to the Practice
- Proactively developing relationships with everyone in the Practice, from the recent arrivals to the long-termers
- Co-ordinating our internal Lunch Meet presentation series
- Researching external events and coordinating attendance
- Commissioning project and staff photography
- Inputting to competition and award entries
- Compiling sales materials and content for bids
- Assisting in compiling presentations for bids, talks and external events
- Uploading photography to our image library
- Supporting and assisting the Communications Manager and Fee Bidding Manager
- Keeping the Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool and the key contacts database updated
About the Person
We’re looking for a resourceful, proactive team-player with an eagerness to learn and develop their professional communication skills. An interest in buildings and their design is a must.
The successful candidate will have excellent people skills, be diligent and thorough, and enjoy working on varied tasks. You will be enthusiastic, have a willingness to engage with people both internally and externally, and have a positive attitude to learning new skills.
This role also requires an outgoing, confident, self-starter who instils confidence within others. A flexible approach and a willingness to assist colleagues are essential to the way we work. Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop would be an advantage.
What We Offer
- Excellent growth opportunity to develop and hone skills in a knowledge driven environment
- Working in a growing, friendly office
- An inclusive culture and cooperative environment
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for Partnership after approximately four years, with all the benefits profit-sharing entails
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
- Max Fordham Pension Scheme
Now What To Do
If you believe you have the qualities and can demonstrate the skills we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and a chatty covering letter telling us how your skills and experience would enhance the work that we do, why you would like to work for us, and demonstrating your interest in the built environment and in building design.
To apply, please use the following link: https://maxfordhamllp.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/50
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2020.
If you have any additional queries, please contact Charmaine McKeown at email@example.com. You will also need to be able to demonstrate that you are eligible to work in the UK.
It's conventional for businesses to say that they're an "equal opportunities employer" or that they "comply with the Equality Act" as a way of telling potential applicants that their business is a nice place to work. We are, and we do. But that's really only committing to an absence of discrimination, and for us that's not enough. Our commitment is not only to eliminate and avoid discrimination, but to create an environment where our differences can be celebrated and valued.