EXPERIENCED PASSIVHAUS DESIGNER – EDINBURGH OFFICE
Join our Passivhaus team and help deliver a built environment for the climate emergency.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An excellent opportunity is available to join Max Fordham as an experienced Passivhaus Designer to help deliver our growing portfolio of Passivhaus projects.
We see Passivhaus as a key element of sustainable design, delivering high comfort, low operational energy use buildings.
The role involves working with our Passivhaus team on a range of projects, including primary and secondary education, offices, university accommodation and archives, in both new build and refurbishment.
This is a client-facing role, requiring effective communication with stakeholders to clearly explain Passivhaus and the workflow required to deliver it. A key aspect of the role is managing the delivery process through design, procurement, and construction, whilst providing support to our Passivhaus designers, and helping to train and develop our graduates.
The Passivhuas team is based across our five UK offices. We are looking for someone to work from our Edinburgh office.
You will be excited and enthusiastic about Passivhaus buildings, will have delivered projects as the Passivhaus Designer/Consultant, and be a certified Passivhaus Designer/Consultant.
You will have a strong desire to work collaboratively with others, contribute positively to the team and practice, and be able to communicate well both in writing and verbally with audiences ranging from clients to technical specialists.
This role requires good people management skills and experience of leading small groups. You will be able to take primary responsibility for projects or lead the Passivhaus service on mid-size or larger projects.
Although not essential, familiarity with DesignPH, Sketchup, and other software packages like Revit would be useful, as would good graphic design skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent growth opportunities for your personal and career development in a knowledge driven environment
- Mentored support towards professional accreditation
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Interesting and technically challenging projects
- An inclusive culture and cooperative environment
- Opportunities for involvement in business-running activities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee bonus
- Future opportunities for Partnership
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
- Max Fordham Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include generous paid parental leave, sick pay, and treatment pay, Employee Assistance Programme.
Salary – Competitive dependant on experience
Closing date – 20th June 2023
HOW TO APPLY
This position is available for an immediate start.
If you are interested in working with us, we are keen to hear from you. In addition to providing your CV, please apply with a conversational letter that tells us how your skills match our criteria and your interests align with our vision of a beautifully engineered net zero carbon world.
Please use this link to apply.
If you have any additional queries, please contact Lavinia Tutuianu at firstname.lastname@example.org.