GROUP ADMINISTRATOR – LONDON OFFICE
This is a full-time, permanent position and is available for immediate start. £24K - £29K dependent on experience.
About Max Fordham LLP
Our business is the creative, innovative and elegant design of building services. We work on a rich variety of projects across all building sectors. Our portfolio includes award winning internationally renowned landmark buildings, exemplars of sustainable design and a diverse mix of carefully crafted buildings. We are proud of our legacy and of relationships formed with leading architects and inspiring clients across most building sectors in the UK and other parts of the world.
We believe in excellence. We value considered thinking and look for curious people who offer ideas, questions and challenges, balancing personal autonomy and responsibility. We encourage our people to bring their unique talent and skills to the work that we do. We attach great importance to the people who join our practice, and the structure of our Practice is designed to give all who work here a voice in key decisions. We have been the proud recipients of CIBSE’s Employer of the Year Award for medium-sized firms on three occasions for the last 5 years. Building Magazine has consistently recognised us amongst their top 50 Good Employers in the construction industry. We were also honoured to be named by the Association of Consultancy and Engineering as Diversity and Inclusion Champion in 2017.
We are a medium sized consultancy with approximately 220 employees and partners operating out of five offices within the UK. This role is based within our London office,
About the Person
Having an interest in the work that we do is very important. The right person will care as much about the service we provide to our clients, as providing consistently high quality administration for our projects. Based in our London office, this varied role will involve working with other people in all our offices, and so a flexible approach and ability to build good working relationships is essential. It requires an articulate, resourceful and diligent person who can combine strong administrative skills with drive and enthusiasm for helping deliver our high quality projects effectively and efficiently.
Being organised, proactive and a team player who can instil confidence within a multi-talented team is critical to the success of this role. A natural people-person who is keen and willing to look for opportunities to be involved, and demonstrate a readiness to support the team and share in collective responsibility, the person must have a flexible approach and be willing to engage with all members of the Practice.
About the role
This is a key support role, within a busy group of engineers working on interesting projects, and is responsible forcoordinating and is responsible for coordinating the daily flow of digital information between project team members and across numerous different projects.
The work requires close attention to detail in order to organise, update and maintain regularly-changing project related information across a number of internal applications. Organising occasional team events, setting up external meetings and occasionally organising refreshments, diary management, and arranging travel and accommodation as required.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite is required, and the ability to pick up and learn new systems and software quickly is essential. Some experience of working in a similar office environment is desirable, but not essential, as full training will be given.
Key areas of responsibility and activity include:
- Maintaining and tracking live project information, monitoring incoming project emails, and facilitating information flow between design team members
- Setting up new jobs using internal systems and software applications
- Online document control, using FTP and Webshare sites to upload and download information, and distributing as required for each project
- Excellent data management, diary organisation
- Being a point of contact for internal and external clients and project team members, providing a helpful interface in the absence of colleagues
- Document Management for drawings, and carrying out administrative tasks within Revit 3D drawing software, for which training will be provided
Other Duties include:
- Occasional event organisation for the group, and opportunities to become involved in practice-wide activities
- Working with the team of Group Administrators to coordinate occasional administrative cover for other groups during absences and holidays
- Booking travel and making arrangements for attendance at conferences
- coordinating and taking minutes at meetings
- Helping to answer telephone calls when necessary and occasional reception duties when necessary on a rotational basis with other London Group Administrators
- Occasional organisation of refreshments for external meetings
- Administration of site safety letters and Client Questionnaires (KPI’s)
- Attending Practice Administration coordination meetings and taking minutes as necessary
The hours of work will be 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. However, some reasonable flexibility would be expected in the case of closing project deadlines.
What we offer
- Excellent growth opportunity to develop and hone skills in a knowledge driven environment
- An Inclusive culture and cooperative environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for Partnership, with all the benefits profit-sharing entails, after approximately four years
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
- Max Fordham Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include generous paid parental leave, sick pay, and treatment pay.
Now what to do
If you are interested in this position we would like you to send us your CV, and a chatty letter, telling us how your skills and experience would enhance the work that we do, and why you would like to work for us. Please also include your salary expectations. This position is available for an immediate start.
To apply, please use the following link:
If you have any additional queries, please contact Rebecca Bhogal at email@example.com in the first instance. You will also need to be able to demonstrate that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: 24th November 2019
It's conventional for businesses to say that they're an "equal opportunities employer" or that they "comply with the Equality Act" as a way of telling potential applicants that their business is a nice place to work.
We are, and we do. But that's really only committing to an absence of discrimination, and for us that's not enough. Our commitment is not only to eliminate and avoid discrimination, but to create an environment where our differences can be celebrated and valued.