HR CO-ORDINATOR – LONDON OFFICE
Salary: £28K-£31K – depending on experience
What we do
Founded in 1966, Max Fordham LLP is one of the UK’s leading firms of consulting building services and environmental engineers. Our business is the creative, innovative and elegant design of building services. We work on a rich variety of projects across all building sectors. Our portfolio includes award winning internationally renowned landmark buildings, exemplars of sustainable design and a diverse mix of carefully crafted buildings. We are proud of our legacy and of relationships formed with leading architects and inspiring clients across most building sectors in the UK and other parts of the world.
We believe in excellence. We value considered thinking and look for curious people who offer ideas, questions and challenges, balancing personal autonomy and responsibility. We encourage our people to bring their unique talent and skills to the work that we do. We attach great importance to the people who join our practice, and the structure of our Practice is designed to give all who work here a voice in key decisions. We have been the proud recipients of CIBSE’s Employer of the Year Award for medium-sized firms on three occasions for the last 5 years. Building Magazine has consistently recognised us amongst their top 50 Good Employers in the construction industry. We were also honoured to be named by the Association of Consultancy and Engineering as Diversity and Inclusion Champion in 2017.
We are a medium sized consultancy of approximately 230 employees and partners operating out of five offices within the UK. This role is based within our London office, but involves working with people in all our offices.
About the Role
Based in our London office, this role provides a real opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated HR professional who is keen to progress their HR career, in a unique environment. Our Practice is not about following and implementing process-driven activities, but about building relationships, and engaging with the people who work in our Practice and helping them to achieve their highest potential.
This Role provides excellent generalist HR Administration working closely with the Head of HR to deliver a wide range of HR activities, including; recruitment and selection, inductions, smooth running of the graduate mentoring scheme, appraisal and performance reviews, and more. This is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to learn, develop new skills, and become an integral part of the business. An interest in learning about our industry, the work our engineers do, and the projects we deliver is essential to the successful delivery of this HR role.
About the Person
Preferably educated to degree level, with strong IT skills, the ideal candidate will be CIPD qualified, with previous experience in a HR generalist role. The ideal candidate will have natural empathy, and a professional, but flexible approach. They will be knowledgeable, keen to make a difference, and have an ability to clearly articulate what is needed to get the job done in such a way that supports our open and collaborative culture and working environment.
Attention to detail is essential in this role, as are excellent communication and organisational skills that will help HR play a central supporting role for our growing Practice. This is also an ideal opportunity for someone who has knowledge or interest and some experience of recruitment using social media.
What you can do
Some of the key aspects of this role include but are not limited to:
- Playing an integral role within our HR team, to help build a credible HR Function through close and effective liaison with partners and employees
- Provide first-line response to ad-hoc HR related queries, providing general guidance as appropriate
- Helping the Head of HR to identify and deliver projects that will support and enhance the work that we do, facilitating continuous improvement - aligned with the Practice Business Strategy
- Responsibility for delivering an excellent recruitment process; managing the applicant tracking system, providing timely responses to applicants from enquiry/application through to their successful landing, ensuring compliance with General Data Protection Regulations
- Generally providing an excellent impression of our business and our people whilst building and maintaining good relations with applicants and potential recruits
- Pro-actively maintaining the Max Fordham profile in appropriately selected Recruitment media, working with our communications team as necessary
- Assisting with the planning, and coordination of the annual appraisals and performance review process
- Act as secretary to HR-focused Operational Management Meetings, working with the Chair of each group, following up on outstanding actions, and producing and publishing minutes
- Supporting the Head of HR with coordination and administration of all learning and development initiatives
- Working with the Head of HR to provide HR data and statistical information as appropriate to facilitate strategic business decision making
- Keeping abreast of legislative developments, and commitment to personal professional development.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate high level organisational skills in an office environment and have solid experience of organising and clerking meetings. The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, be a creative thinker, and enjoy finding solutions to new challenges as they arise.
An interest in building design, architecture or the environment would be an advantage.
What we offer
- Excellent growth opportunity to develop and hone skills in a knowledge driven environment
- An Inclusive culture and cooperative environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee bonus
- Future opportunities for Partnership
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
- Max Fordham Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include generous paid parental leave, sick pay, and treatment pay.
Now what to do
If you have the relevant experience, and can demonstrate how you qualify for the role outlined above, we would like you to send us your CV, and a chatty letter, outlining why you feel this role would be ideal for you, and how your approach would be a potential fit within Max Fordham. Please include your salary expectations in your letter.
To apply, please use the following link: https://maxfordhamllp.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/25
If you have any additional queries, please contact Charmaine McKeown at email@example.com. You will also need to be able to demonstrate that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: Monday 1st September 2019.
This position is available for an immediate start.
Max Fordham LLP is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. We seek to ensure that no applicant, employee or member of the partnership is discriminated against, either directly or indirectly, in relation to their religion and religious beliefs, age, race, sex, sexual orientation or disability.