PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR – BRISTOL OFFICE
Salary Range: £21K - £26K
Since 1966, Max Fordham LLP has worked with the world’s leading architects to create beautifully engineered buildings. We make buildings work. We engineer the air, light, sound and energy in buildings.
Our business is the creative, innovative and elegant design of building services. We work on a rich variety of projects across all building sectors. Our portfolio includes award winning internationally renowned landmark buildings, exemplars of sustainable design and a diverse mix of carefully crafted buildings. We are proud of our legacy and of relationships formed with leading architects and inspiring clients across most building sectors in the UK and other parts of the world.
Our success is a result of our people. We value all of our employees and partners and provide a creative and inspiring working environment to support them. We are particularly proud of the fact that we have won the CIBSE Employer of the Year Award for medium-sized firms on three occasions in the last five years. Similarly, Building Magazine has consistently recognised us amongst their top 50 Good Employers in the construction industry and regularly listed us in their top five.
We are a medium sized consultancy of approximately 230 employees and partners operating out of five offices within the UK. This role is based within our Bristol office, which was established in 2013, and we are now looking for the support of a Project Administrator to work with our engineering teams to deliver projects, support our fee bidding efforts, organise events and assist with some general office administration.
About the Person
Being interested in the work that we do is very important. The right person will care as much about the service we provide to our clients, as providing consistently high quality administration for our projects. The role requires close attention to detail in order to organise, update and maintain regularly-changing project related information across a number of internal applications, as well as within Microsoft office and InDesign.
Being a team player who can instil confidence within a multi-talented team is critical to the success of this role. The successful candidate will be really organised, and a natural people-person who is keen and willing to look for opportunities to be involved.
About the role
This varied role is based in our Bristol Office, but will involve working with other people in all our offices, and so the need to build good working relationships is essential.
This position would suit an enthusiastic and motivated person who is keen to take responsibility for co-ordinating the daily flow of digital information between the project team members, and across numerous different projects. It requires an articulate and diligent person who can combine strong administrative skills with drive and enthusiasm for helping deliver our high quality projects.
A proactive approach is key, as is the requirement to be an excellent communicator who is willing to help organise meetings, make bookings, and support project engineers in the winning and running of jobs.
Some experience of working in a similar office environment is desirable, but not essential.
Key areas of responsibility and activity include the following:
- Maintaining and tracking live project information, RFIs, Reporting, monitoring incoming project emails and facilitating flow between client, design and construction team members
- Setting up workflows and administering online document control, using FTP and Webshare sites to upload and download information and distributing as required for each project.
- Using extranet sites to upload and download information, and distributing as projects require
- Excellent data management, diary organisation, coordinating and taking minutes at meetings
- Being the point of contact for internal and external clients and project team members, providing a helpful interface in the absence of colleagues.
- Using Revit and other software to assist with the issuing of drawings and documents.
- Responsible for stocking canteen and office supplies.
- Reviewing and continuing the ethical sourcing protocol.
- Carrying out supplier reviews.
- Managing general office housekeeping.
- Assist in organising and carrying out office H&S processes and checks.
Fee Bidding Support:
- Helping to create new and updating existing project write-ups and CVs within pre-defined style templates using Adobe InDesign
- Helping to create project and person specific text for approval
- Using Adobe InDesign, assisting the engineers with creating and updating existing write ups
- Maintaining project/job/person specific information on internal database applications information databases to ensure their relevance and accuracy
- Assisting with PQQs and fee submissions
Other Duties include:
- Occasional event organisation
- Booking travel and making arrangements for attendance at conferences
- Organising CPDs and lunches, setting up presentations
- Helping to answer telephone calls when necessary
- Administration of site safety letters and helping to return KPI’s.
- Attending Practice Administration coordination meetings and taking minutes as necessary
The hours of work will be 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. However, some reasonable flexibility would be expected in the case of closing project deadlines.
What we offer
- Excellent growth opportunity to develop and hone skills in a knowledge driven environment
- An Inclusive culture and cooperative environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for Partnership, with all the benefits profit-sharing entails, after about four years
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
- Other benefits include generous paid parental leave, sick pay, and treatment pay.
Now what to do
If you are interested in this position we would like you to send us your CV, and a chatty letter, telling us how your skills and experience would enhance the work that we do, and why you would like to work for us. The position is available for an immediate start.
To apply, please use the following link:
If you have any additional queries, please contact Charmaine McKeown at email@example.com. You will also need to be able to demonstrate that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is 28th July 2019
Max Fordham LLP is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. We seek to ensure that no applicant, employee or member of the partnership is discriminated against, either directly or indirectly, in relation to their religion and religious beliefs, age, race, sex, sexual orientation or disability.