PROJECT COORDINATOR - LONDON
This position is available to start from January 2022. To apply, please provide a conversational letter that tells us how your skills match our criteria, in addition to your CV.
Our business is the creative, innovative, and elegant design of building services within the construction industry. We work on a rich variety of projects across all building sectors. Our portfolio includes award winning internationally renowned landmark buildings, exemplars of sustainable design and a diverse mix of carefully crafted buildings. We are proud of our legacy and of relationships formed with leading architects and inspiring clients across most building sectors in the UK and other parts of the world.
About the role
This varied role involves working alongside senior members of our Practice to oversee the commercial aspects of the work of a group of around 20 engineers. The scope of work includes:
- Forecasting project resource requirements, monitoring the financial performance of our projects, and supporting delivery
- Developing bid submissions for potential projects
- Organising and managing information to meet project needs in liaison with Senior Engineers
- Managing monthly project invoicing and debtor activities
- Working with the legal team to review draft contracts, and undertake contract negotiations
- Developing and maintaining systems to ensure the Practice's quality management procedures are correctly applied
- Providing additional senior administrative support to the group and practice as required
The role requires an articulate, diligent, and dynamic person who can combine very strong administrative skills with drive and enthusiasm for delivering high quality projects. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, who will work well under pressure and be able to prioritise a highly varied and demanding workload. They will need to gain the respect of senior colleagues internally as well as externally. They will have a keen eye for detail and a proven ability to process, analyse and understand large amounts of data.
Being a team player and instilling confidence within a multi-talented team is critical to the success of this role, as is being able to give and take direction with credibility at all levels, particularly when working with people at senior levels. Exceptional communication skills are therefore a requirement for this role. High levels of accuracy and attention to detail are essential, and candidates must be fluent in English.
The successful candidate may have a good degree but this is not essential; we value experience and ability as much as academic qualifications. They must be strongly numerate, and able to use Excel to interrogate and analyse data. Experience within the construction industry would be an advantage but is not essential since training will be provided. An interest in building design, architecture or the environment would also be an advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent growth opportunities for your personal and career development in a knowledge driven environment
- Mentored support towards professional accreditation
- Interesting and technically challenging projects
- An inclusive culture and cooperative environment
- Opportunities for involvement in business-running activities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay and employee bonus
- Future opportunities for Partnership
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
- Max Fordham Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include generous paid parental leave, sick pay, and treatment pay
£30,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience
12th December 2021
How to Apply
If you are interested in working with us, we are keen to hear from you. In addition to providing your CV, please apply with a conversational letter that tells us how your skills match our criteria and your interests align with our vision of a beautifully engineered net zero carbon world.
Please use this link to apply.
If you have any additional queries, please contact Anya Hadden at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to demonstrate how you are eligible to work in the UK.