Senior Sustainability Consultant
London or Cambridge
This is an exciting time to join us with the industry experiencing renewed interest in sustainability and Max Fordham leading on delivering Net Zero Carbon projects. Be part of our sustainability team providing some of the most progressive and influential work that our Practice undertakes and work for a flexible and equitable employer. The position would be based in either our London or Cambridge office.
About the role
Our team leads on sustainability strategies and assessment, net zero carbon services, building performance, lifecycle carbon analysis and wellbeing.
You will be involved in winning work, and leading on developing, governing and delivering sustainability strategies from inception, through to hand over for buildings and or portfolios. You will use your good working knowledge of sustainability assessment methods and their advantages to inform strategic approaches. You may also be providing corporate sustainability advice or other sustainability consultancy depending on your skills and experience. You will also be sharing your knowledge across the practice and supporting and training more junior members of the team.
About the person
You will have an engaging approach, good strategic skills and an analytical mind. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, complemented by great organisational skills. You will enjoy developing lasting relationships with clients and collaborators and colleagues.
You will possess an excellent understanding of how sustainable outcomes can be achieved on different project types. You will be able to develop a project brief, as well as defend and advocate for the sustainability agenda within a project team.
- 6-10 years’ experience of sustainability consultancy in the built environment.
- Knowledge of BREEAM or other environmental assessment methods such as Home Quality Mark or LEED, Living Building Challenge etc
- Knowledge of net zero carbon
- Setting and delivering sustainability strategies for new projects or portfolios
- Managing multiple projects
- Being in a client facing role
- Able to prepare bids and fee proposals
Additional desirable experience:
- Experience in Life Cycle Carbon Analysis
- Experience in developing Circular Economy Strategies
- Experience in organisational sustainability consultancy
- Experience of WELL and Fitwel and other experience of designing for Wellbeing
- Experience of sustainable masterplanning
- Experience of developing bespoke sustainability frameworks
- Experience of workshop facilitation
- Chartered Environmentalist
- Be a qualified BREEAM Assessor or AP
- Experience of Passivhaus
- Experience of the whole construction process
Note that building physics modelling is not part of this role, though an understanding of this is helpful.
As consultants we combine creativity and an analytical approach to design innovative, elegant and sustainable approaches for over 50 years. Our portfolio includes award winning buildings and internationally renowned landmarks.
The Practice is owned and governed by the people who work for us, putting trust and transparency at the heart of how we operate. We offer an unusually flexible working environment, supporting our team members to ensure they have a breadth of experience and skills to allow them to work on an interesting range of projects.
What we offer
- Excellent growth opportunity to develop and hone skills in a knowledge driven environment
- An inclusive culture, equitable and cooperative environment
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity for Partnership, with all the benefits profit-sharing entails, after approximately four years
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
Now what to do
Please send us your CV and a conversational cover letter telling us why you would like to work for us, and setting out how you meet each of the essential experience criteria, as well as any additional experience. Please include details of 3 projects you have worked on, setting out your role and responsibilities as well as the timeframes for which you held those responsibilities.
To apply, please use the following link: https://maxfordhamllp.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/61
If you have any additional queries, please contact Charmaine McKeown at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to be able to demonstrate that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: 1st February 2021
It's conventional for businesses to say that they're an "equal opportunities employer" or that they "comply with the Equality Act" as a way of telling potential applicants that their business is a nice place to work. We are, and we do. But that's really only committing to an absence of discrimination, and for us that's not enough. Our commitment is not only to eliminate and avoid discrimination, but to create an environment where our differences can be celebrated and valued.