SUSTAINABILITY CONSULTANT – CIRCULAR ECONOMY
London, Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh or Manchester
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting time to join us with the industry experiencing renewed interest in sustainability and Max Fordham leading on delivering Net Zero Carbon projects.
Be part of our sustainability team providing some of the most progressive and influential work that our Practice undertakes and work for a flexible and equitable employer. The position would be based in any of our UK offices – London, Edinburgh, Bristol, Cambridge or Manchester – and would suit people from a structural engineering or architectural background.
Our team leads on sustainability strategies and assessment, net zero carbon services, building performance, lifecycle carbon analysis and wellbeing.
You will be involved in growing and developing our existing circular economy and lifecycle assessment workstream. We are particularly interested in applications from applicants who have direct experience of the detailed design and construction phases of projects. You will also be sharing your knowledge across the practice and supporting other members of the team to develop their circular economy knowledge. Additionally you will be involved in developing and delivering project sustainability strategies from inception through to hand over, for buildings and or portfolios.
You will have good team working skills and a strong, output focused, methodical and engaged approach. You will have excellent verbal and written/graphic communication skills, complemented by an ability to present information clearly and concisely, set clear expectations for the output needed from others and strong organisational skills. You will enjoy developing lasting relationships with clients and collaborators and colleagues.
You will possess an excellent understanding of how sustainable outcomes can be achieved on different project types. You will be able to develop a project brief and manage delivery as well as defend and advocate for the sustainability agenda within a project team.
- Significant architectural or structural engineering design experience particularly of technical and manufacturing and construction stages of work.
- A deep engagement with the issues and possible solutions for designing buildings for a circular economy, including a working understanding of the issues presented by building reuse and designing for circularity.
- Knowledge of sustainable and net zero carbon design
- Experience of structuring and writing design reports
Additional desirable experience:
- Setting and delivering sustainability strategies and processes for new projects or portfolios
- Experience in Life Cycle Carbon Analysis
- Experience in developing Circular Economy Strategies
- Knowledge of BREEAM or other environmental assessment methods such as Home Quality Mark or LEED, Living Building Challenge etc
- Managing multiple projects
- Being in a client, design team and contractor facing role
- Being able to prepare bids and fee proposals
- Experience in an organisational sustainability consultancy
- Experience of WELL, Fitwel and other experience of designing for Wellbeing
- Experience of sustainable master planning
- Experience of developing bespoke sustainability frameworks
- Experience of workshop facilitation
- Being a Chartered Environmentalist
- Being a qualified BREEAM Assessor or AP
- Experience of the whole construction process
Note that building physics modelling is not part of this role, though an understanding of this is helpful.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent growth opportunities for your personal and career development in a knowledge driven environment
- The opportunity to pursue chartership within your professional institution, including RIBA Part 3 (if relevant)
- Mentored support towards professional accreditation
- Interesting and technically challenging projects
- An inclusive culture and cooperative environment
- Opportunities for involvement in business-running activities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay and employee bonus
- Future opportunities for Partnership
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
- Max Fordham Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include generous paid parental leave, sick pay, and treatment pay
Competitive + Employee benefits
1st May 2021
How to apply
If you are interested in working with us, we are keen to hear from you. In addition to providing your CV, please apply with a conversational letter telling us why you would like to work for us, setting out how you meet each of the essential experience criteria, and outlining any additional relevant experience. Please also include details of 3 projects you have worked on, setting out your role and responsibilities as well as the timeframes for which you held those responsibilities.
Please use this link to apply.
If you have any additional queries, please contact Anya Hadden at email@example.com. You will also need to demonstrate how you are eligible to work in the UK.